I am a senior food marketing economist and team leader in Food Marketing Research. I am an applied economist specialising in the industrial organization of food markets, international trade and econometrics. Before joining SRUC I worked while pursuing his PhD on Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of California-Davis, followed by positions at the University of Georgia and at the University of Cambridge. In addition, I have worked as a consultant for United Nations, The World Bank, The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), the UK Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), the UK Home Grown Cereal Authority (HGCA), the Food Standard Agency - Scotland and the Scottish Government.
My research interests are mainly in two areas. First, the empirical analysis of farmers’ economic responses to changes in agricultural policy. The second area is the operation and performance of agri-food supply chains and their implications for the farming sector. Additionally, other research interests are in areas related to development economics, such as food policy, nutrition, and poverty.
To find out more information, check out my personal web page.
Neil Chalmers - Demand for low carbon food products
- Revoredo-Giha, C., Milne, C., Leat, P. (2009) Efficiency of Scottish Farms: A Stochastic Cost Frontier Analysis. Agricultural Economic Review, 10(2).
- Leat, P., Revoredo-Giha, C. and Kupiec-Teahan, B. (2009) Improving Market Orientation in the Scottish Beef Supply Chain through Performance-related Communications: The Case of the McIntosh Donald Beef Producer Club and Qboxanalysis chapter in: Market Orientation: The Metamorphosis of Food and Agricultural Production and Marketing, Hingley and Lindgreen eds., Gower Publishing (forthcoming).
- Carter, C. and Revoredo-Giha, C. (2009) Eastham’s Commodity Storage Model in a Modern Context, Oxford Economic Papers (forthcoming). Full Text
- Leat, P. and Revoredo-Giha, C. (2008) Building collaborative agri-food supply chains: The challenge of relationship development in the Scottish red meat chain. British Food Journal, 110(4/5): 395-411. Full Text
- Fischer C., Hartmann M., Bavorova M., Hockmann H., Suvanto H., Viitaharju L., Leat P., Revoredo-Giha C., Henchion M., McGee C., Dybowski G., Kobuszynska M. (2008): Business relationships and B2B communication in selected European agri-food chains - first empirical evidence. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 11 (2): 73-99. Full Text
- Carter, C. and Revoredo-Giha, C. (2007) The Working Curve and Commodity Storage under Backwardation, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 89(4): 864-872. Full Text
- Revoredo Giha, Cesar, Renwick, Alan, Lang, Ben, Reader, Mark (2006) EU Reform of the Sugar Beet Regime: Implications for the UK Agriculture. Eurochoices, 5(1). Full Text